The Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering offers two Bachelor of Science degree programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (http://www.abet.org) - Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering.
Our faculty possess Ph.D. degrees from renowned universities and the programs offer high faculty / student ratio, paid undergraduate research experiences, and merit-based scholarships. Our graduates enjoy very high job placement rate, and many go on to graduate school.
- The Bachelor of Science Degree Program in Engineering was first established in 1969 within the Division of Technology; that program was discontinued in 1972
- Hampton University re-established a campus based engineering programs in the Fall of 1983 with Bachelor of Science degree programs in Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering
- The Department of Engineering was established in July 1986
- The Chemical and Electrical Engineering programs received accreditation by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology Program (ABET) in 1992
- The School of Engineering and Technology was established in July 1995 with Chemical, Electrical Engineering, Architecture, and Aviation Departments
- The Computer Engineering program graduated its first students in May of 2004