Dr. Otsebele E. Nare Associate Professor, SET - Electrical and Computer Engineering Location:Olin Engineering Building302B Phone:757-727-5818 E-mail:email@example.com Expertise:Electrical Engineering, Integrative STEM Education
D. Eng. in EE
D. Eng. in EE
Morgan State University, 2005
- Integrative STEM & Electrical Engineering Education
- System Level Synthesis Design Methodologies
- Power/Energy Systems and Microgrids
- Advanced Manufacturing
Dr. Nare received his doctorate, masters, and bachelors' degrees in Electrical Engineering from Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD. He joined the Electrical Engineering faculty in January 2007.
- Otsebele Nare, Chutima Boonthum-Denecke, Jean Muhammad, Marci Turner, Elaine Dietz and Arthur Affleck, “Developing Engineering and Computer Science Skills for Middle School Minority Male Students” ASEE Zone II Conference Proceedings, 2017.
- Ken Connor, Dianna Newman, Kathy Ann Gullie, Yacob Astatke, Mohamed Chouikha, Charles Kim, Otsebele Nare, John Attia, Petru Andrei, and Lisa Hobson, “Experimental Centric Pedagogy in First Year Engineering Courses”, ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, 2016.
- Otsebele Nare and Jale Akyurtlu, “What is the Role of Engineering in Secondary Education? A Case for Integrating Crosscutting Engineering Skills in K-12”, ASEE-SE Conference Proceedings, 2015.
- Otsebele Nare, Ziette Hayes, Cort Coghill and Jim Brinkman, "An Evaluation of Microgrid Design Projects Integrated in a Pre-College Summer Program" ASEE-SE Conference Proceedings, 2014.
- Ziette Hayes, Otsebele Nare, and Michael Reynolds, "The Business of Engineering: Developing Non-Technical Skills in a STEM Based Summer Program", The Journal of Business and Finance Research, Vol 4(1), Fall/Winter 2013, pp. 5-15.
- Kazi M. Moyeenull Huq, M.E. Baran, Srdjan Lukic, and Otsebele E Nare, "An Energy Management System for a Community Energy Storage System" 2012 Proceedings of IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, 2012.
- Otsebele Nare and Qiang Le, "Resource Management for Weather-Dependent Energy Constrained Environments" Proceedings of the International Conference of Engineering and Applied Science, 2012
- Otsebele Nare, "Teaching Energy Conversion – A Case of Electrical Engineering Students Self-Assessing Performance Outcomes" ASEE-SE Conference Proceedings, 2012.